- 1 What religion does Christianity conflict with?
- 2 What is the difference between Christianity and religion?
- 3 How does Buddhism compare to Christianity?
- 4 Which religion is closest to truth?
- 5 What is the oldest religion?
- 6 What is it called when you believe in God but not religious?
- 7 What religion only believes in God?
- 8 Why do we love Jesus but not religion?
- 9 What did Jesus say about Buddha?
- 10 Can you practice Buddhism and Christianity?
- 11 Did Jesus study with the Buddha?
- 12 Which religion is the most powerful?
- 13 Which religion is most peaceful?
- 14 Which religion is the most popular?
What religion does Christianity conflict with?
The religious and political competition between Christianity and Islam led to the Crusades, which influenced the self-consciousness of Western Christianity in the Middle Ages and later centuries.
What is the difference between Christianity and religion?
Christianity follows the bible, god’s words! Religion is man-made, Christianity is God made. Most people would consider Evangelicals (aka “born-again” Christians ) to be very religious. So they insist that Christianity is not a religion but a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
How does Buddhism compare to Christianity?
There are inherent and fundamental differences between Buddhism and Christianity, one significant element being that while Christianity is at its core monotheistic and relies on a God as a Creator, Buddhism is generally non-theistic and rejects the notion of a Creator God which provides divine values for the world.
Which religion is closest to truth?
Muslims must also fulfill their promises. Another important concept is the belief that truth lies in Islam itself, as being the one true religion, and the ultimate answer to all moral questions.
What is the oldest religion?
The word Hindu is an exonym, and while Hinduism has been called the oldest religion in the world, many practitioners refer to their religion as Sanātana Dharma (Sanskrit: सनातन धर्म, lit.
What is it called when you believe in God but not religious?
Agnostic theism, agnostotheism or agnostitheism is the philosophical view that encompasses both theism and agnosticism. An agnostic theist believes in the existence of a God or Gods, but regards the basis of this proposition as unknown or inherently unknowable.
What religion only believes in God?
The God of monotheism, as exemplified by the great monotheistic religions —Judaism, Christianity, and Islam—is a personal god.
Why do we love Jesus but not religion?
Why I Hate Religion, But Love Jesus is a viral video created by Christian speaker Jefferson Bethke, who uploaded his work that rose him to fame onto YouTube and GodTube, under the screenname bball1989. The video has thus far received more than 34 million views.
What did Jesus say about Buddha?
– The religious philosopher Siddhartha Gautama – better known as Buddha – once said, “The faults of others are easier to see than one’s own.” Some 500 years later, Jesus uttered these words: “Why do you see the splinter in someone else’s eye and never notice the log in your own?” Coincidence?
Can you practice Buddhism and Christianity?
It might seem odd — or even impossible — that one could practice the traditions of both religions. Christians preach of one God, creation and salvation, while Buddhists believe in reincarnation, enlightenment and nirvana. But it’s not really about belief at all, it’s about practice.”
Did Jesus study with the Buddha?
Historical evidence indicates that Jesus was well acquainted with Buddhism. If Jesus did not go to India, then at least India went to Judea and Jesus. Other evidence, while perhaps apoc- ryphal, indicates that he spent most of his so-called lost years outside Judea, possi- bly in Kashmir to study Buddhism exclusively.
Which religion is the most powerful?
Largest religious groups
Which religion is most peaceful?
Islamist Sayyid Qutb wrote that Islam is the religion of peace in the sense of submitting all of mankind to Allah.
Which religion is the most popular?
Adherents in 2020