- 1 How did Roman Empire help spread Christianity?
- 2 What factors contributed to the spread of Christianity in the Roman Empire quizlet?
- 3 Why did Rome accept Christianity?
- 4 How did Jesus spread his message?
- 5 What was a factor in the spread of Christianity?
- 6 What factors contributed to the spread of Christianity quizlet?
- 7 What contributed to the growth and success of the Roman Empire?
- 8 Why was Christianity appealing to many Romans?
- 9 What was the religion of Rome before Christianity?
- 10 What religion was the Roman Empire before Christianity?
- 11 What was Jesus’s true message?
- 12 What was Jesus most important message?
- 13 How long did Jesus spread his message?
How did Roman Empire help spread Christianity?
Christianity was spread through the Roman Empire by the early followers of Jesus. Although saints Peter and Paul are said to have established the church in Rome, most of the early Christian communities were in the east: Alexandria in Egypt, as well as Antioch and Jerusalem.
What factors contributed to the spread of Christianity in the Roman Empire quizlet?
Christianity spread quickly through the Roman empire because Peter and Paul began to preach it to the pagans. Emporer Constantine allowed Christians to come out of their catacombs and build churches and cemeteries. Later, Emporer Theodosis makes Christianity the official religion of Rome.
Why did Rome accept Christianity?
8) The Roman Empire converted to Christianity because Constantine was converted and he was ruler at the time. But the next guy Theodosius made it the religion of the region. This is important in history because Christianity influenced their culture of how they acted, thought and believed.
How did Jesus spread his message?
He studied in Rome, and then preached in Jerusalem. He became a Jewish priest in Nazareth and taught in a synagogue. He journeyed across Europe with his apostles, visiting churches.
What was a factor in the spread of Christianity?
Ehrman attributes the rapid spread of Christianity to five factors: (1) the promise of salvation and eternal life for everyone was an attractive alternative to Roman religions; (2) stories of miracles and healings purportedly showed that the one Christian God was more powerful than the many Roman gods; (3) Christianity
What factors contributed to the spread of Christianity quizlet?
Terms in this set (6)
- Cultural unity. Due to Alexander the great’s conquest Greek culture spread throughout the east.
- Christian example. Obeadiant to Jesus early Christians showed love by helping the poor providing hospitality to strangers and visiting the sick.
- Spiritual hunger.
- Guidance of the holy spirit.
- Roman peace.
What contributed to the growth and success of the Roman Empire?
Rome was able to gain its empire in large part by extending some form of citizenship to many of the people it conquered. Military expansion drove economic development, bringing enslaved people and loot back to Rome, which in turn transformed the city of Rome and Roman culture.
Why was Christianity appealing to many Romans?
Christianity was appealing to the people of the Roman Empire because it offered a personal relationship with a god and offered a way to eternal life.
What was the religion of Rome before Christianity?
Early Roman religion As different cultures settled in what would later become Italy, each brought their own gods and forms of worship. This made the religion of ancient Rome polytheistic, in that they worshipped many gods.
What religion was the Roman Empire before Christianity?
Ultimately, Roman polytheism was brought to an end with the adoption of Christianity as the official religion of the empire.
What was Jesus’s true message?
He is believed to be the Jewish messiah who is prophesied in the Hebrew Bible, which is called the Old Testament in Christianity. It is believed that through his Crucifixion and subsequent Resurrection, God offered humans salvation and eternal life, that Jesus died to atone for sin to make humanity right with God.
What was Jesus most important message?
New Testament accounts “Teacher, which commandment in the law is the greatest?” He said to him, “‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind. ‘ This is the greatest and first commandment. And a second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.
How long did Jesus spread his message?
Nobody knows for sure just how long Jesus ‘ ministry, teaching and travelling throughout the Holy Land, lasted. Some say three years, others as little as one. That Christianity grew, after such a brief inception, into the world religion we know to today is testimony to the power of the message Jesus preached.