- 1 What type of diffusion is the spread of Christianity in Africa?
- 2 What type of diffusion is Christianity?
- 3 What type of diffusion are missionaries?
- 4 What type of diffusion is missionaries attempted to convert kings or tribal leaders in the hopes their people would follow?
- 5 What are the 4 types of diffusion?
- 6 How did the 5 major religions spread?
- 7 What type of diffusion does religion spread through?
- 8 What type of diffusion does Islam use to spread?
- 9 What is an example of a stimulus diffusion?
- 10 What are 3 types of diffusion?
- 11 What are the two main types of diffusion?
- 12 What are the 5 types of diffusion?
- 13 Which of the following is the best example of stimulus diffusion?
- 14 Which of these is a good example of relocation diffusion?
- 15 What’s an example of contagious diffusion?
What type of diffusion is the spread of Christianity in Africa?
Christianity spread through relocation diffusion by missionaries and hierarchical diffusion when the Roman Empire made Christianity its official Page 4 religion.
What type of diffusion is Christianity?
Christianity. Christianity is a monotheistic universalizing religion spread throughout Europe mostly by Hierarchical and expansion diffusion. Through Relocation Diffusion it was brought to the new world. It is the largest Universalizing religion.
What type of diffusion are missionaries?
Contagious Diffusion religions when people are in contact with belief systems especially universalizing religions such as Christianity, Buddhism, and Islam. Missionaries spread christianity.
What type of diffusion is missionaries attempted to convert kings or tribal leaders in the hopes their people would follow?
Hierarchical diffusion of religion has occurred through history when missionaries deliberately sought to convert kings or tribal leaders, in the hope that their people would follow.
What are the 4 types of diffusion?
each group a different type of diffusion (relocation, hierarchical, contagious, or stimulus). Each group should come up with one example of diffusion for each of the four different types of scale: local, regional, and global.
How did the 5 major religions spread?
Hinduism, Buddhism, Christianity, Judaism, and Islam are five of the biggest religions in the world. Through countless conflicts, conquests, missions abroad, and simple word of mouth, these religions spread around the globe and forever molded the huge geographic regions in their paths.
What type of diffusion does religion spread through?
Religions spread over time through a process called diffusion. The map shown above indicates where the identified religions are most prominent. There are two methods of diffusion: expansion and relocation. In expansion diffusion, beliefs of a religion transmit by direct contact between believers and nonbelievers.
What type of diffusion does Islam use to spread?
Islam has diffused through both expansion diffusion and relocation diffusion to become the second most followed religion in the world.
What is an example of a stimulus diffusion?
Stimulus diffusion is when an idea spreads to another culture or region and is then altered or changed in order to adapt to that culture. An example of this would be Chinese porcelain, which was wildly popular in Europe but extremely difficult to transport over such long distances.
What are 3 types of diffusion?
The three types of diffusion are – simple diffusion, osmosis and facilitated diffusion.
- (i) Simple diffusion is when ions or molecules diffuse from an area of high concentration to an area of low concentration.
- (ii) In osmosis, the particles moving are water molecules.
What are the two main types of diffusion?
Diffusion can be classified into two main types: Simple diffusion and facilitated diffusion.
What are the 5 types of diffusion?
Ideas spread when people move. You just studied 5 terms! Relocation, expansion, contagious, hierarchical, and stimulus diffusion.
Which of the following is the best example of stimulus diffusion?
Spreading of culture or idea to another culture or region and gets altered to adopt into that region is called Stimulus Diffusion. Chinese porcelain is a good example of this.
Which of these is a good example of relocation diffusion?
One of the most common examples of relocation diffusion is the spread of a language.
What’s an example of contagious diffusion?
Contagious Diffusion is the rapid, widespread diffusion of a characteristic throughout the population. A few examples of Contagious Diffusion are: The widespread amount of people with AIDS in America. Hinduism spreading throughout the Indian subcontinent.