- 1 Why was spreading Christianity important?
- 2 What factors allowed Christianity to spread?
- 3 What are 3 facts about Christianity?
- 4 Why did the Gentiles find Christianity attractive?
- 5 Who spread Christianity?
- 6 Why is religion so powerful?
- 7 What event most rapidly increase the spread of Christianity?
- 8 What is the oldest religion?
- 9 Are Jesus and God the same?
- 10 What are 5 major beliefs of Christianity?
- 11 Why is Christianity declining?
- 12 Why was Christianity appealing to many Romans?
- 13 Who founded Christianity?
Why was spreading Christianity important?
Ehrman attributes the rapid spread of Christianity to five factors: (1) the promise of salvation and eternal life for everyone was an attractive alternative to Roman religions; (2) stories of miracles and healings purportedly showed that the one Christian God was more powerful than the many Roman gods; (3) Christianity
What factors allowed Christianity to spread?
- Areas controlled by the Romans were peaceful.
- Well constructed roads made traveling easier.
- The common language made it easier for people from different parts of the empire to communicate.
What are 3 facts about Christianity?
Followers of the Christian religion base their beliefs on the life, teachings and death of Jesus Christ. Christians believe in one God that created heaven, earth and the universe. The belief in one God originated with the Jewish religion. Christians believe Jesus is the “Messiah” or savior of the world.
Why did the Gentiles find Christianity attractive?
Why did Gentiles find Christianity attractive? They desperately needed the Good News of One God, who loved them and wanted them to love one another. He wanted to affirm the Christian belief that Jesus IS coming; however, he realized that we do not know exactly when.
Who spread Christianity?
After Jesus, the two most significant figures in Christianity are the apostles Peter and Paul/Saul. Paul, in particular, takes a leading role in spreading the teachings of Jesus to Gentiles (non Jews) in the Roman Empire.
Why is religion so powerful?
Religions offer community, something that is very important. Going to church or mosque every week builds stability, trust, and a shared sense of destiny–all things we very much value. But still–that’s not the main source of religion’s mightiest pull.
What event most rapidly increase the spread of Christianity?
What event most rapidly increased the spread of Christianity? ANSWER: The death of Jesus.
What is the oldest religion?
The word Hindu is an exonym, and while Hinduism has been called the oldest religion in the world, many practitioners refer to their religion as Sanātana Dharma (Sanskrit: सनातन धर्म, lit.
Are Jesus and God the same?
In mainstream Christianity, Jesus Christ as God the Son is the second Person of the Holy Trinity, due to his eternal relation to the first Person ( God as Father).
What are 5 major beliefs of Christianity?
Some of the main themes that Jesus taught, which Christians later embraced, include:
- Love God.
- Love your neighbor as yourself.
- Forgive others who have wronged you.
- Love your enemies.
- Ask God for forgiveness of your sins.
- Jesus is the Messiah and was given the authority to forgive others.
- Repentance of sins is essential.
Why is Christianity declining?
The decline of Christianity in the Western world is an ongoing trend. Developed countries with modern, secular educational facilities in the post-World War II era have shifted towards post- Christian, secular, globalized, multicultural and multifaith societies.
Why was Christianity appealing to many Romans?
Christianity was appealing to the people of the Roman Empire because it offered a personal relationship with a god and offered a way to eternal life.
Who founded Christianity?
Christianity originated with the ministry of Jesus, a Jewish teacher and healer who proclaimed the imminent kingdom of God and was crucified c. AD 30–33 in Jerusalem in the Roman province of Judea.