- 1 What conditions in the Roman Empire allowed Christianity to grow?
- 2 What factors contributed to the spread of Christianity in the Roman Empire quizlet?
- 3 What two people first spread Christianity?
- 4 Why did Rome accept Christianity?
- 5 What factors contributed to the spread of Christianity quizlet?
- 6 How did the spread of Christianity affect the Roman Empire?
- 7 What contributed to the growth and success of the Roman Empire?
- 8 What symbol was used to openly speak about Christianity?
- 9 What three continents were affected by the spread of Christianity?
- 10 Who is the founder of Christianity?
- 11 Why was Christianity appealing to many Romans?
- 12 Did Christianity Cause Rome to fall?
- 13 What was the religion in Rome before Christianity?
What conditions in the Roman Empire allowed Christianity to grow?
What conditions in the Roman empire allowed Christianity to grow while the empire declined? The conditions in the Roman empire that allowed Christianity to grow while the empire declined were the Edict of Milan which opened the way for Christianity throughout the empire.
What factors contributed to the spread of Christianity in the Roman Empire quizlet?
Christianity spread quickly through the Roman empire because Peter and Paul began to preach it to the pagans. Emporer Constantine allowed Christians to come out of their catacombs and build churches and cemeteries. Later, Emporer Theodosis makes Christianity the official religion of Rome.
What two people first spread Christianity?
Jesus and Paul Constantine first helped spread Christianity. Jesus and Paul Constantine first helped spread Christianity. This answer has been confirmed as correct and helpful.
Why did Rome accept Christianity?
8) The Roman Empire converted to Christianity because Constantine was converted and he was ruler at the time. But the next guy Theodosius made it the religion of the region. This is important in history because Christianity influenced their culture of how they acted, thought and believed.
What factors contributed to the spread of Christianity quizlet?
Terms in this set (6)
- Cultural unity. Due to Alexander the great’s conquest Greek culture spread throughout the east.
- Christian example. Obeadiant to Jesus early Christians showed love by helping the poor providing hospitality to strangers and visiting the sick.
- Spiritual hunger.
- Guidance of the holy spirit.
- Roman peace.
How did the spread of Christianity affect the Roman Empire?
As Rome began to fall, (especially in 64 AD) the Emperor blamed the Christians and the Roman people turned on them. With the adoption of Christianity, years of Roman tradition were thrown away. Under Constantine’s rule, Pagan temples were abolished and the wealth was appropriated.
What contributed to the growth and success of the Roman Empire?
Rome was able to gain its empire in large part by extending some form of citizenship to many of the people it conquered. Military expansion drove economic development, bringing enslaved people and loot back to Rome, which in turn transformed the city of Rome and Roman culture.
What symbol was used to openly speak about Christianity?
Paradoxically a symbol of suffering and defeat but also of triumph and salvation, the cross is the universal Christian symbol, acknowledged by all denominations as the single visual identifier of their faith.
What three continents were affected by the spread of Christianity?
europe and asia, i know for sure.
Who is the founder of Christianity?
Christianity originated with the ministry of Jesus, a Jewish teacher and healer who proclaimed the imminent kingdom of God and was crucified c. AD 30–33 in Jerusalem in the Roman province of Judea.
Why was Christianity appealing to many Romans?
Christianity was appealing to the people of the Roman Empire because it offered a personal relationship with a god and offered a way to eternal life.
Did Christianity Cause Rome to fall?
7. Christianity and the loss of traditional values. The decline of Rome dovetailed with the spread of Christianity, and some have argued that the rise of a new faith helped contribute to the empire’s fall. The Edict of Milan legalized Christianity in 313, and it later became the state religion in 380.
What was the religion in Rome before Christianity?
Early Roman religion As different cultures settled in what would later become Italy, each brought their own gods and forms of worship. This made the religion of ancient Rome polytheistic, in that they worshipped many gods.